These positions require a minimum commitment of the number of months specified in each description. Support is provided for accommodation and transportation from and to Ritsona.
CHILD FRIENDLY SPACE FACILITATOR
Summary: Lighthouse Relief has been operational at Ritsona Refugee Camp since April 2016 and since has established the first Child Friendly Space (CFS). The purpose of a CFS is to provide children with the security to play, socialize, learn, and express themselves in a structured and free-flowing environment. The CFS is one of Lighthouse Relief’s key programmatic interventions to protect children from physical harm and psychosocial distress and to help them continue learning and developing both during and immediately after an emergency.
The CFS Facilitator will support the CFS Manager in ensuring activities for children not attending school, 3-5yrs, in the CFS and the After School Club, 6-9yrs.
Reports to: CFS Manager
- Supervise and lead children’s activities
- Conduct a daily visual assessment of the children and ensure the Lesson Plans are followed
- Maintain and ensure a child-friendly atmosphere
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Ensure that safeguarding standards are understood and met
- Ensure that health and safety incidents are reported
- Share documentation and participation tracking responsibility with Manager
- Conduct community outreach to encourage children to attend the CFS, with extra attention to households identified as vulnerable.
- Assist CFS Manager in holding parental sessions to inform about the activities in the CFS
- Support CFS Manager to facilitate training and inductions to volunteers, focusing on guidelines for working in the CFS, Protection Standards and Principles and making sure the Core of Conduct is understood and respected.
- Aid CFS Manager the planning and development of the new CFS curriculum/program, including the monitoring and evaluation system.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate conflict--solving behaviours.
- Oversee inventory of CFS supplies and ensure equipment is accounted for and stored securely
- Report any protection concerns or identified gaps to CFS Manager.
- Degree in International Education, Social Work, Child Development, Psychology, or related field.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt to a multicultural context and work cross-linguistically.
- Good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Fluent Arabic (written and spoken), excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience working with refugee/migrant children
- Prior work experience with an INGO in an emergency setting preferred
- Knowledge of Kurdish/Farsi/Dari is an asset.
- Project management experience
- Ability drive manual transmission
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Lighthouse Relief Hellas is the Greek registered branch of the Swedish NGO Lighthouse Relief. Our teams of skilled, international staff and volunteers provide emergency relief to refugees that arrive on the Greek island of Lesvos, and services in Ritsona refugee camp in mainland Greece. Our branch ECO Relief on Lesvos focuses on restoring the shoreline on Lesvos and other local projects to support the island. Our ambition is to find a response that simultaneously improves the conditions for both refugees and local actors.
Lighthouse Relief Hellas undertakes all the activities of Lighthouse Relief in Greece: programming, humanitarian response, advocacy and fundraising. As the national branch of an international NGO, Lighthouse Relief Hellas is present every day on the field in Greece, but also plays a strategic and important role in campaigns and advocacy for our beneficiaries internationally.
We strive to have our team grow with more national staff and we encourage Greek applicants for all positions.