These positions require a minimum commitment of the number of months specified in each description. Support is provided for accommodation and transportation from and to Ritsona.
RESIDENTIAL VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME FACILITATOR
Reports to: Country Coordinator
Leads & Supervises: Resident Volunteers
Summary: The Facilitator will lead the implementation and development of Lighthouse Relief’s Residential Volunteer Programme (RVP), which provides the residents of Ritsona Accommodation Centre with the opportunity to volunteer in Lighthouse Relief’s Child Friendly Space (CFS) and Youth Engagement Space (YES). The RVP Facilitator will also provide support to the CFS and YES teams, leading various activities with children and youth during programming.
- Lead the development and implementation of the LHR Residential Volunteer Programme in close coordination with LHR programme managers;
- Design training materials and deliver training sessions, training other volunteers and staff members to deliver training;
- Oversee, lead and facilitate the training of the Residential Volunteers (RVs);
- Identifying further development opportunities for RVs with outside actors (ie. First Aid training or online capacity building training);
- Providing pastoral care to the RVs as needed;
- Identify and refer protection needs and issues in close collaboration with the Lighthouse staff team and other camp actors;
- Assist the CFS and YES teams during programming hours by leading sports, arts and crafts and freeplay activities.
As the responsibilities listed here cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
- Fluency in spoken Arabic, written skills are an advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Extensive experience of developing and delivering workshops, training sessions and capacity building projects;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and project members to deliver objectives;
- Experience managing a large team;
- Experience working with children, ideally in a psycho-social support setting;
- Strong strategic, research and analytical abilities and good organizational skills;
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a rapidly shifting context;
- Exposure to humanitarian and development issues and contexts;
- Experience volunteering or working within an INGO or governmental organisation
- Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- Master Degree of relevant work experience
- Experience living and working overseas
- Experience working in protection
- Interest and knowledge of displaced populations
- Other language skills - e.g. Greek, Kurdish, Farsi/Dari, French - are an asset
- Start date: ASAP (25/06/2018). The position will be open until filled.
- Shared accommodation
- Shared transportation (in-country) provided
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Lighthouse Relief Hellas is the Greek registered branch of the Swedish NGO Lighthouse Relief. Our teams of skilled, international staff and volunteers provide emergency relief to refugees that arrive on the Greek island of Lesvos, and services in Ritsona refugee camp in mainland Greece. Our branch ECO Relief on Lesvos focuses on restoring the shoreline on Lesvos and other local projects to support the island. Our ambition is to find a response that simultaneously improves the conditions for both refugees and local actors.
Lighthouse Relief Hellas undertakes all the activities of Lighthouse Relief in Greece: programming, humanitarian response, advocacy and fundraising. As the national branch of an international NGO, Lighthouse Relief Hellas is present every day on the field in Greece, but also plays a strategic and important role in campaigns and advocacy for our beneficiaries internationally.
We strive to have our team grow with more national staff and we encourage Greek applicants for all positions.