These positions require a minimum commitment of the number of months specified in each description. Support is provided for accommodation and living expenses. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Communication and Reporting Officer
Summary: The Communication & Reporting Officer is responsible for ensuring that information and data from the field is documented and reported in a timely manner for donors and internal purposes, as well as external audience. She/he is also responsible for developing communication material for Lighthouse Relief's for external audience. She/he follow ups daily social media updates, the blog, contact with press, our internal newsletter and creating and updating documents, policies and guidelines. The Communication & Reporting Officer will be based in Chalkida Greece and will report directly to the Grants and Communication Manager.
- Collaborate with programme managers to produce high quality programme reports for donors and Lighthouse Relief Headquarters
- Under the guidance of Grants and Communications Manager, provide dedicated support to the development of concept notes and proposals
- Use data and reports from the field to enhance communications materials.
- If needed, support Grants and Communication Manager with drafting concept notes, project narratives and other project related documents
- Manage any interns and volunteers assigned to support the department
- Handling communications administration
- Managing the social media channels
- Working with press and media relations on the field and in the office
- Managing internal media enquiries
- Work on other specific assignments in text, photo and video for our webpage, social media, internal and external documentation
- Participate in the design and development of future project proposals
- Organizing and categorizing Lighthouse Reliefs documentation
- Assist the Grants and Communications Manager with other communication, media and fundraising tasks
- Support the team in Grant proposal development and Fundraising activities
- Produce stories and other external communication material for various outlets, such as our website, newsletter, social media etc.
- Generate media coverage
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all Lighthouse Relief documents and templates
- Fluency in English
- Experience in working within a communications environment delivering on agreed objectives and following deadlines
- Experience working with data to create multi-faceted products such as reports and infographics
- Ability to produce informative and engaging written material
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with photos, video and text
- Ability to work on own initiative and to be proactive
- Experience working with an international organization, company, or UN agency
- Experience working with Photoshop and some knowledge in Indesign
- Good project management skills
- Positive personality, and ability to deal with many personality types
- Knowledge in humanitarian work and policies
- Right to work in the EU
- Degree in a relevant field
- Previous experience working with advertising or fundraising
- Previous experience in digital fundraising
- Previous experience with journalistic work
- Previous experience with grant writing
- Interest in and knowledge of displaced populations
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 15, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.