These positions require a minimum commitment of the number of months specified in each description. Support is provided for accommodation and living expenses. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
LHR is looking for an experienced Country Coordinator who is able to provide holistic, technical expertise and strategic, programmatic-development support to LHR.
Summary: The Country Coordinator leads and oversees all LHR operations in Greece together with the HR & Finance Manager (HRFM), forming the management team of LHR. The Management team directly reports to the Board of Directors (BoD).
The objective of the role is to implement and improve programmatic strategies in line with contextual needs. As the key representative of the organisation, the Country Coordinator aims to establish LHR as a key NGO operating in Greece, spreading LHR's mission, collaborating closely with stakeholders, donors and partners and allowing LHR to run and develop its operations.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Department: Management Team
Leads & Supervises: 5 direct reports
Contract: Swedish Staff/ Volunteer Contract
- Under the guidance of the BoD and together with the HRFM, lead LHR operations to deliver high quality programming and secure the efficient use of practical resources necessary for programme realization;
- Coordinate flexible and responsive strategies, ensuring operations are carried out appropriately in a rapidly changing context;
- Lead, prioritise and organise actions and resources to achieve holistic objectives;
- Mobilise a trusting, transparent and positive organisational ethos whilst ensuring all staff strictly adhere to LHR's protocols and standards
- Identify opportunities for appropriate expansion and growth of programmes and/ or projects;
- Analyse and prepare operation-management contingency plans and exit strategies;
- Ensure programme quality through overseeing the consistent use of: monitoring, evaluation and assessment of programmes, resources and processes; enhance accountability and transparency; and strengthen partnerships;
- Ensure thorough transparency, open communication and coordination between all respective teams.
- Oversee the coordination of all country operations, programmes and projects
- Hold overall leadership and supervision of LHR and its operations, including supervision of resources, safety and security of teams, programme quality and performance management;
- Ensure transparency and accountability to beneficiaries, LHR staff and stakeholders;
- Oversee mechanisms and reporting tools to ensure monitoring and evaluation of country operations, ensuring compliance with policies and donor regulations;
- Formally represent LHR to the Greek Government, authorities, donors, INGOs and all stakeholders;
- Explore opportunities for programmatic partnerships and fundraising activities with both institutional and private donors in close collaboration with the Board and Management Team;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders;
- Oversee all aspects of the staff recruitment processes, facilitating interviews, holding communication with candidates, supporting the HRFM with administration and recruitment of all staff.
- Lead programme managers on training and capacity building of all programme management techniques, design and implementation, coordination, administration, finance and monitoring and evaluation, according to Core Humanitarian Standards;
- Develop and manage field and operations' support budget and ensure timely and compliant spending;
- Supervise and mentor direct-reports, ensure clear communication of tasks, objectives and expectations, provide regular operational feedback and performance evaluations;
- Encourage open, honest and productive communication among staff, promote a strong team spirit and provide guidance and mentoring, to enable staff to perform successfully and to maintain a healthy and empowering working climate;
- Develop programme strategies and use appropriate techniques to ensure the recruitment and retention of skilled, committed and motivated staff;
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being. Support healthy, work-life balance practices and respond to staff care needs.
- Ensure dissemination of and adherence to security plans, standard operating procedures and advisories;
- Liaise with counterparts on relevant issues and participate in safety and security analysis and management;
- Maintain operational risk tracker, conduct regular risk reviews and ensure risk is managed, mitigated and mainstreamed into decision-making and daily activities;
- Ensure all programme managers update and maintain safety procedures and implement protocol on a daily basis with the wider team;
- Ensure safety standards are applied and adhered to by all teams regarding LHR's assets, donations and stakeholder assets.
- High level exposure to humanitarian and development issues and contexts;
- Excellent programme management, leadership, project and staff management, and communication skills;
- Extensive programme management experience with a holistic approach to programme design in both programme set up and closure;
- Adhere to, and hold substantial experience in, implementing Core Humanitarian Standards and Sphere core standards within operations management
- Experience in leading field operations with humanitarian organisations including operation-management start-up and exit procedures;
- Experience working in Greece is essential;
- Proven track record of securing substantial partner relations;
- Ability to produce clear, informative and engaging written materials;
- Ability to work under pressure with rapidly changing conditions, work on own initiative and to be proactive;
- Approachable and motivational character;
- Strong engaging and emotive skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Solution-oriented, open minded and a problem solver;
- Fluency in English;
- Good working knowledge of myriad operation-management and programme management tools, resources and software;
- Valid work permit in EU;
- Manual driving licence (extensive left-hand drive experience).
- Degree in a relevant field;
- Interest and knowledge of displaced populations;
- Language skills in Greek, Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi/Dari are an asset;
- 3 month contract; 4 week probation period followed by a monthly rolling-basis contract
- Shared accommodation
- Shared transportation (in-country) provided
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, titled "Country Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
The start date for the position is ASAP - 1/07/2018 - please state your notice period, start date and length of availability.This posting will remain open until filled. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
GRANTS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
LHR is looking for an experienced Grants and Communications Manager, who is able to provide technical expertise and capacity development support to LHR and partner staff.
Summary: The Grants and Communications Manager (G&CM) reports to the Country Coordinator and is located in Ritsona/ Chalkida, Greece. Working closely with the Management Team and under the guidance of Country Coordinator, the main objective is to define and implement communication, partnership and grant management strategies geared at establishing LHR as a trusted voice and presence on the ground, promoting the LHR mission, and obtaining the necessary support and financial means to allow LHR to maintain its programmes.
The G&CM is responsible for all internal and external communication for LHR. The G&CM leads, inspires and supervises a small but dynamic team responsible for promoting all elements of the LHR brand, developing and maintaining a network of relevant partnerships to support the LHR mission and vision, continuing to build and mobilise a community of ambassadors for fundraising and advocacy, and media relations.
Reports to: Country Coordinator
Department: Fundraising and Communications
Leads & Supervises: 2 direct reports
Contract: Swedish Volunteer Contract
Balancing grant and donor requirements with a robust communications policy, which supports brand integrity and established advocacy objectives.
- Lead the development process of a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy to promote LHR strategic objectives
- Ensure LHR is clearly and transparently represented externally and internally
- Stay abreast of current trends and techniques and manage social media and digital channels, LHR website and blog, press and media relations
- Operate as a spokesperson for the LHR, working alongside the Country Coordinator to profile LHR both on and offline
- Responsible for the representation of the LHR to the media, external and internal events together with the Country Coordinator
- Plan and execute integrated multimedia campaigns with limited budget
- Oversees internal communications material and publishing of the monthly newsletter
- Manages the communications team
- Oversees and coordinates the Grants and Reporting officer, to ensure timely and accurate reporting for key stakeholders
As the responsibilities listed here cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to achieve communications-related objectives with at least 5 years of experience in related fields;
- Extensive experience of fundraising, proposal development and grant management using participatory methodologies and approaches, preferably with an NGO or similar capacity;
- Knowledge of donor mechanisms such as DFID, ECHO and OFDA;
- Strong strategic, research and analytical abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and project members to deliver objectives on time;
- Demonstrated budget management skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a rapidly shifting context;
- Bachelor’s Degree or above;
- Strong network of international media contacts
- Proven track record in resource mobilisation with strong practical understanding of fundraising, using participatory methodologies and approaches
- Extensive experience in proposal development and grant management
- High level exposure to humanitarian and development issues and contexts
- The candidate should have a valid work permit in EU
- Master Degree of relevant work experience
- A combination of private and third sector experience
- Experience living and working extensively overseas
- Proficient using photo, web and video editing software
- Experience volunteering or working within an INGO or governmental organisation
- Interest and knowledge of displaced populations
- Language skills in Greek, Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi/Dari are an asset
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Lighthouse Relief Hellas is the Greek registered branch of the Swedish NGO Lighthouse Relief. Our teams of skilled, international staff and volunteers provide emergency relief to refugees that arrive on the Greek island of Lesvos, and services in Ritsona refugee camp in mainland Greece. Our branch ECO Relief on Lesvos focuses on restoring the shoreline on Lesvos and other local projects to support the island. Our ambition is to find a response that simultaneously improves the conditions for both refugees and local actors.
Lighthouse Relief Hellas undertakes all the activities of Lighthouse Relief in Greece: programming, humanitarian response, advocacy and fundraising. As the national branch of an international NGO, Lighthouse Relief Hellas is present every day on the field in Greece, but also plays a strategic and important role in campaigns and advocacy for our beneficiaries internationally.
We strive to have our team grow with more national staff and we encourage Greek applicants for all positions.