These positions require a minimum commitment of the number of months specified in each description. Support is provided for accommodation and living expenses. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Child Friendly Space Facilitator
Summary: Lighthouse Relief has been operational at Ritsona Refugee Camp since April 2016 and since has established the first Child Friendly Space (CFS). The purpose of a CFS is to provide children with the security to play, socialize, learn, and express themselves in a structured and free-flowing environment. The CFS is one of Lighthouse Relief’s key programmatic interventions to protect children from physical harm and psychosocial distress and to help them continue learning and developing both during and immediately after an emergency.
The CFS Facilitator will support the CFS Manager in ensuring activities for children not attending school, 3-5yrs, in the CFS and the After School Club, 6-9yrs.
● Supervise and leadchildren’s activities
● Conduct a daily visual assessment of the children and ensure the Lesson Plans are followed
● Maintain and ensure a child-friendly atmosphere
● Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
● Ensure that safeguarding standards are understood and met
● Ensure that health and safety incidents are reported
● Share documentation and participation trackingresponsibility with Manager
● Conduct community outreach to encourage children to attendthe CFS, with extra attention to households identified as vulnerable.
● Assist CFS Manager in holding parental sessions to inform about the activities in the CFS
● Support CFS Manager to facilitate training and inductions to volunteers, focusing on guidelines for working in the CFS, Protection Standards and Principles and making sure the Core of Conduct is understood and respected.
● Aid CFS Manager the planning and development of the new CFS curriculum/program, including the monitoring and evaluation system.
● Be a positive role model and demonstrate conflict--solving behaviours.
● Oversee inventory of CFS supplies and ensure equipment is accounted for and stored securely
● Report any protection concerns or identified gaps to CFS Manager.
Degree in International Education, Social Work, Child Development, Psychology, or related field.
Previous experience working with children.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Able to adapt to a multicultural context and work cross-linguistically.
Good organizational and prioritization skills.
Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
Well organized and efficient.
Good interpersonal & communications skills.
Working knowledge of Excel
Right to work in the EU
Fluent Arabic (written and spoken), excellent writing and communication skills.
Experience working with refugee/migrant children
Prior work experience with an INGO in an emergency setting preferred
Knowledge of Kurdish/Farsi/Dari is an asset.
Project management experience
Ability drive manual transmission
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than October 19, 2018. Starting November 1, 2018. Position is based in Chalkida, Greece. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.