OUR VOLUNTEERS ARE THE SOUL OF THE ORGANISATION
Lighthouse Relief would not be able to do its work without the team of skilled volunteers supporting our services for children, women and the construction team in the mainland camps. We have a minimum age of 23 and require a commitment of at least three weeks for working in the mainland camps. We also work with emergency response and the ECO Relief project on Lesvos. Those unable to come for the minimum three week period can consider volunteering in Lesvos. In addition, we are seeking longer-term volunteers for the following staff positions.
Applicants for these positions must commit to a minimum period of two months. Lighthouse Relief offers a stipend and support for accommodation. We are currently seeking a:
See all position announcements.
volunteering in Mainland GREECE
Volunteers for our camp operations must commit to a minimum period of three weeks, be over 23 years old, and possess one of the following skills:
- Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi, Dari or Greek
- Child protection or background working with children
- Gender-based violence protection or background working with women
- General medicine
- Social work
- Infant feeding
volunteering on Lesvos
Volunteers who cannot commit to the minimum period may apply to help in Lesvos. Especially if you have any of these skills:
- Experience as a medic
- Search and rescue
- First aid
They should be prepared to:
- Support the ECO Relief project by retrieving discarded dinghies, life jackets and other debris
- Have an affinity for nature, environmental protection, climbing, hiking and lifting
- Have an interest or experience in skippering, sailing and sea navigation
- Maintain the camp, care for equipment
For more information, please see our page on ECO Relief.