Lighthouse Relief would not be able to do its work without volunteers. We require a commitment of at least three weeks for our mainland camps. Those unable to come for this period can consider volunteering in Lesvos. In addition, we are seeking longer-term volunteers for the following positions.
Applicants for these positions must commit to a minimum period of two months. Lighthouse Relief offers a stipend and support for accommodation. We are currently seeking a:
- Regional coordinator
- IYCF supervisor
- Gender-based violence protection officer
- Child protection officer
See all position announcements.
Volunteers for our camp operations in Ritsona and Katsikas camps must commit to a minimum period of three weeks, be over 23 years old, and possess one of the following skills:
- Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi, Dari or Greek
- Child protection
- Gender-based violence protection
- General medicine
- Social work
- Infant feeding
Volunteers who cannot commit to the minimum period may apply to help in Lesvos. Desirable skills include:
- Experience as a medic
- Search and rescue
- First aid
They should be prepared to:
- Support the ECO Relief project by retrieving discarded dinghies, life jackets and other debris
- Have an affinity for nature, environmental protection, climbing, hiking and lifting
- Have an interest or experience in skippering, sailing and sea navigation
- Maintain the camp, care for equipment
For more information, please see our page on ECO Relief.